The OS-2 enables players to choose between overdrive, distortion, and a combination of both in a single compact pedal. Single-coil guitar pickups’ subtle nuances are preserved by its distortion.
Boss OS-2 allows you to mix a parallel signal between distortion and overdrive for a colorful range of tones by combining their flagship distortion and overdrive pedals into one box. By mixing in some overdrive or thickening up your rhythm with some underlaying distortion, this pedal adds clarity to your lead tone and girth to your rhythm.
Boss OS-2 distortion and overdrive pedal is a great tool for metal and rock guitar players. It has a lot of features that make it an excellent choice for any guitarist looking for an affordable overdrive pedal. Check out this video to learn more about this great pedal and how to get the most out of it.
Features Boss OS-2
- Can create blended overdrive/distortion sounds with a flexible distortion pedal.
- For rhythm playing, it offers both “over-the-top” distortion effects and less extreme overdrive tones.
- The Level, Tone, Drive, and Color settings allow you to finely tune the tone.
Benefits Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive
- Good note definition and slick harmonics.
- Great bass that usually gets lost with most distortions.
- Very “90s” sounding.
- Built like a tank ,classic boss!
- The bonus is that a twist of the Color knob turns the box into a DS-1.
- This pedal is best as a overdrive with a great gain structure and wide gain range.
- Boss OS-2 slices through the mix, and just makes everything sound “bigger.”
- The OS-2 covers from sweet mellow blues all the way to high energy hard rock.
- The color knob does great to determine how much of each you would like.
- Very low noise compared to a stock DS-1.
- Lots of distortion and overdrive. Great tones and lots of room for variation.